CCNA stands for Cisco Certified Network Associate. It is the foundational certification by Cisco for Networking Experts. The CCNA certification is essential for associate-level networking job roles, such as network administrator, network engineer, help desk technician, and network support technician. Earlier, certifications had ten different specifications, including cloud, collaboration, data centres, security, wireless, and other aspects. In the year 2020, Cisco merged all these certifications into an all-inclusive CCNA certification.
Acquiring CCNA certification is the initial stage for aspirants to set up a robust career in IT. To earn a certificate, one has to pass an exam related to the fundamentals of IT, the latest networking technologies, and software development skills. It provides a platform to lay a strong foundation for your career growth.
To earn a CCNA certification, one has to pass an exam applicable to all the categories. There are six different exams for six different categories i.e. routing, switching, IP telephony, security, wireless and collaboration. Regardless of the category, you are taking the exam for, all CCNA certification exams cover topics that are important for IT professionals who work in complex enterprise networks. Each exam is made up of seventy-five questions that have to be answered in ninety minutes. However, the candidate has the option to choose the number of questions he/she wants to answer during the given time frame.
Since 1998, CCNA has been transforming lives and influencing network engineering aspirants. With the latest addition of automation and security, the CCNA certification expects to launch a new era of IT careers gracefully.
Benefits of Having a CCNA Certification
- You can propel your career prospects with a CCNA certification.
- Essential networking skills such as automation, programmability, and security can be mastered. You can also acquire highly paid job roles.
- Add credibility to your resume with this highly respected associate-level certification of the industry.
- Boost your confidence by adding the digital certification badge to your social media profiles.
CCNA Exam Preparation Tips
The CCNA certification endorses the skills and understanding of the aspirants in areas such as: comprehending fundamentals of the network, IP connectivity, network access, security fundamentals, IP services, automation, and programmability.
Consider the following tips while you prepare for the CCNA certification exam:
- Create a roadmap for your preparation by downloading the blueprint of the CCNA exam.
- Be an active member of the Cisco Learning Network CCNA Community.
- Keep an eye on the training platforms both online and offline.
- Signup for the online training programs to get information about the latest updates of the CCNA exam.
- Once you are ready to take up the exam, register online by paying the CCNA exam fees; once you clear the exam, don’t forget to link your digital certification badge to your social media profiles so that the world gets to know about your accomplishments.
Earn Your CCNA Certification
CCNA certification aims to evaluate the technologies to be implemented and administered by the networking and IT infrastructure. Therefore, the exam covers a wide range of fundamental knowledge required to set up your career in any direction. In addition, to enhance your confidence to face the CCNA exam, the training modules fetch you:
- Training badges that showcase unique skills and learning outcomes that employers consider.
- Continuing Education credits that can be used in the future to recertify your CCNA exam.
- An option to attempt for the certification once again by taking up a re-exam.
Substitutes for CCNA
The competitors of CISCO offer several networking certifications. Various establishments render specific certifications for data centre virtualization, cloud management, automation, network virtualization, digital workspace, desktop, and mobility. Few firms also offer vendor-neutral certification programs. On the other hand, several popular cloud providers provide certifications for their platforms.
- CCNA certification has a minimum age limit. The candidate must have completed at least 13 years of age to take the CCNA exam.
- The candidates must have completed their 10+2 level education from any recognized college or university or board and must have secured a minimum of 50% score.
- The average CCNA certification cost ranges between INR 22,000 to INR 25,000.
- CCNA certification has a validity period of three years after the completion of which the candidates can approach for recertification.
With the ever-increasing demand of necessity to shift towards cloud computing, the need for proficient networking experts has also increased. Experts with CCNA certification receive a handsome salary in the Networking industry.
As per an expert’s survey, the average salary of a networking specialist or expert approximately ranges from INR 4,71,990 to INR 6,00,000. Though the new CCNA exam pattern is more complex than the former, it primarily relies upon a broader knowledge base. Therefore, take the exam with a challenging spirit and earn your spot as a networking expert in the competitive modern world.