QuickBooks database server manager is a dynamic tool offered by Intuit that enables users to access QuickBooks in multi-user mode. The tool has been specifically made to ensure the database connection between servers and workstations. However, many users don’t have proper knowledge of this tool. Well, we have understood this situation and come with a guide that’s only focused on this tool.
We will discuss here all other things related to the tool so that you are not left with any other queries related to the QBDBSM. So, make sure to get into the guide and learn about this tool.
What is a QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
QuickBooks database server manager contains a .ND file for the company files located on the host computer. Not only does the tool provide access to the company file from workstations but also used in different versions of QuickBooks. It is truly one of the best tools in the market that has the capability to fulfill a variety of purposes. Furthermore, the tool is called Intuit’s personal database management tool.
Well, the tool is used for tackling various tasks. You can get into the list below to know them.
- Create a .ND file on the host workstation or host system.
- Scan the local storage device for finding out new QB file.
- Moreover, scan hard drives.
- Fix the issues within the company file through its scanning, diagnosing, and detecting way.
Requirements for QuickBooks Database Server Manager
The tool helps in resolving all kinds of network issues like QuickBooks error code H202. But, it should be considered to fulfill the requirements first before installing it on your device.
- Make sure to install different versions of the QBDBSM in the sequence of oldest to the latest.
- Meanwhile, the tool will automatically create a new user account if you install a new version of QuickBooks.
- The user should install different versions of QB software if they want to use different versions of QuickBooks software.
- Moreover, take care that QuickBooksDBXX contains all services using the Windows interface.
You can move towards the downloading and installation procedure after confirming these things on your device.
How to Download and Install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
The steps provided below will help you in downloading and installing the QBDBSM on your system.
- Move towards the official site of Intuit.
- Try to locate the downloading path of the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Once located, just hit the green-colored tab named Download.
- Make sure to save the file that you downloaded.
- Pick QuickBooksDatabaseServerManager.exe with right-clicking.
- Then, start with the installation procedure.
- Make sure to exit from all running applications and programs.
- Furthermore, click Next.
- Choose I agree with the Terms and Conditions page.
- Again, hit the Next button.
- Choose the appropriate option Custom or Network.
- Pick the installation types.
- Thereafter, choose the Yes tab.
- Provide the relevant product and registration number.
- Additionally, go through the instructions carefully for installing the tool.
- Now, just finish all the required things appearing on your window.
- Tool has been successfully downloaded now.
Steps to Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
The user can get into the steps below if they want to update their QuickBooks database server manager. Make sure to go into the steps below to know the chronology of how you should update the tool.
- To initiate, head towards Intuit’s official site.
- Try to find out the latest version of QBDBSM.
- Make sure to download it if you got it.
- Then, restart the system after successful installation.
- Also, try to update the servers on workstations.
- You will get a notification now.
- Thereafter, you may receive a suggestion to build a knowledge backup.
- Finally, the user can have access to QB’s corporate files.
How to Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Many of you might don’t know how to use the QuickBooks database server manager. Well, we have figured out this for you. Just go through the section and learn.
- Consequently, open the QuickBooks
- Click, File menu.
- Specify QuickBooks.
- Hit enter.
- Try to locate the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Open the program.
Scan the QB file
- Click on the tab named Scan Folders.
- Pick the folder that is storing the QB files.
- You can also choose the option named entire disk if not using the folder.
- Hit the Scan button.
- Subsequently, the company files will conduct scanned.
- Pick Add folder.
- Choose the folder that you want to scan.
- You can use this option to delete previously added folders.
- Hit the scan button, to begin with, the scanning procedure. You can relocate all the files used for scanning.
- Monitor drive keeps QBDBSM updated. You can use it to scan new QB files.
- Start with opening QuickBooks.
- Then, head towards the QB database server manager.
- Make sure to find out the Monitored Drive button.
- Meanwhile, scroll through the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Removes and Rename button.
- Now, pick any local drivers that you want to watch.
Also read: QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077.
So, here we are ended with the QuickBooks database server manager. We hope that you find this article helpful and it solves all your doubts regarding the tool and its works.