QuickBooks is the most advanced software to manage accounting and bookkeeping activities. Intuit develops this software for all small and mid-sized enterprises around the world. Despite being a versatile software, QuickBooks sometimes stuck with some issues while working on it. These issues are known as glitches or errors that are removable and “the file exists” is one such error. The post is all about the File exist error and its solution. So, let’s get started
What is QuickBooks the File Exists Error?
The QuickBooks file error occurs while performing different sorts of accounting work such as payroll Bergama escort bayan update procedure, opening federal form, paying schedule liabilities, and such other activities. The appearance of this error interrupts the ongoing workflow. When this error emerges an error message appears on the screen stating: “The File You Specified Cannot Be Opened”.
Reasons behind the “QuickBooks The File Exists” Error
There are multiple reasons behind quickbooks the windows error was the file exists, Before moving ahead to the solution you need to know the reason to avoid the error in the future.
- When windows UAC is interfering with QuickBooks, the error appears
- The internet connection is working slow
- If the firewall setting or internet connection setting is inappropriate
- When the QB users do not have proper right of access.
- The QuickBooks installed on the system is outdated
- When QuickBooks is installed an error message is displayed on the screen.
Solutions to fix “The File Exists” Error
Numerous solutions help the users to fix the QuickBooks file error from your system.
1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the QuickBooks desktop and click on the option “Product Information”
- Inside the Product information, you are required to select the correct version of QuickBooks to get updated and also the Year.
- Now, hit the search button and then select the “Get the updates” option
- After the create a folder and save the file there
- Afterward, double tap on the installation girl to initiate the updating procedure of QuickBooks
- Once the installation complete restart the system
2: Turn Off the UAC
- Open the Run Window by pressing the Windows + R key
- Go to the search box and type control panel and hit the enter button
- Inside the control panel, go to the search bar to search User’s Account
- Now click on the UAC setting
- Hit the Yes button and then move the slider button to never notify and turn off the UAC
- At last, restart the system and go get the QuickBooks payroll update.
3: Allow the User to the Full Control Access
- Open the QB desktop icon and then hit the right click on the open file location
- Now click on the backspace key
- Here you have to select the properties option within the QuickBooks folder.
- Now click on the Edit button and then choose add potion
- After that choose everyone and then the Ok button
- Now you are required to choose the Full control Option
- And the go for the Apply option
- At last, follow all the aforementioned steps to complete the process.
- And also make sure to choose your User instead of everyone.
4: Use Reboot.bat file to Re-register .DLL and .OCX file
- Exit the QuickBooks desktop
- Choose the Properties option after right-clicking on the QB icon
- Now open the File Location and look for the Reboot.bat file
- Here, right-click on the Reboot.bat file and select the Run as Administrator option
- You are required to wait for few minutes until the command prompt scrolls down all the QB file
- At last, restart your system once and then check if the error is gone or not.
5: Reinstall QuickBooks Application on your system
- First of all, Uninstall the QB application from your system by following the below steps
- Press the WIndows+R key together to open the Run window
- Type appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit the enter button
- Within the Application Wizard look for QuickBooks
- Hit on QuickBooks twice and choose the potion Uninstall
- Now follow the on-screen instruction to complete the uninstallation process.
- Now you are required to install the QuickBooks application again on the system once again
- For this, you are required to install the clean install tool on the system from the official site of Intuit
- Now through the Clean install tool, install the QB software once again on the system.
Hopefully, you like the above-written content and it will help you well to get rid of quickbooks the windows error was the file exists from your system. This post covers all the related aspects of this error and explains the solution step by step. If the above solutions fail to resolve the issue then contact QuickBooks Customer Care Support for further help. They will surely assist you in fixing the issue in no time.
You Might Also Useful – Easy Ways for Troubleshooting com error quickbooks 2017