Are you dealing with the QuickBooks error 15241 and have no idea how to resolve the problem? Then you have landed on the right page. In this article, we will try to discuss all the important information about the QuickBooks error code 15241 and how to resolve it.
QuickBooks is one of the popular software that helps the user to manage the transaction and keep the record safe. The software provides many amazing tools and features to assist the user to efficiently use it. However, despite the amazing tools and features, the users of QuickBooks face a lot of issues and problems. Read the article till the end and get all the required answers.
QuickBooks Error 15241
The error 15241 is an update error. It generally arises when the user tries to update or install the payroll. The issue can also be caused due to corruption and damaged QuickBooks Desktop Installation. While dealing with the error, you may receive the error message:
“Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully.”
Establish Preference in QuickBooks
- Go to the option Edit Menu and then choose the window of Preferences.
- From the left side of the panel, look for the option Graphs located.
- The above steps will take you to the landing page, select the option Company Preference or My Preferences.
- If you have chosen My Preferences follow the steps below.
- Make sure that you have modified the report option and then verify it before opening the report.
- Whenever you create a report, it will modify the report automatically.
- Now go to the report preferences and set a graph to confirm.
Ask to Refresh– after refreshing the report, the error message will be prompt on the screen.
Automatic Refresh– If you want to make any changes then refresh the QuickBooks.
Causes that Triggered QuickBooks Error 15241
There are different reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error 15241. We have listed down some of them below.
- The error occurred due to the QuickBooks Desktop FCS is disabled.
- There must be some corruption or damage in the file.
- It is possible that you might not have properly installed the QuickBooks.
- The Windows registry files could get corrupted and damaged.
- Attack of Trojan is one of the reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error 15241.
- Some third-party antivirus might be blocking the QuickBooks to access the updated file.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15241
Sometimes it becomes tough to identify the QuickBooks error in your system. In that case, try to look for the following symptoms.
- While dealing with the issue, the software may crash.
- The system may also respond slow and sluggishly to the input of the mouse and keyboard.
- Users can not install the payroll update.
Also, check- https://newstechpost.com/how-to-apply-personal-loan-online-in-easy-installments/
Method to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 15241
After learning the main causes of the error 15241 and identifying the issue, it is now time to perform the troubleshooting steps.
If you are a Windows 8 / 7 / 10 / Vista Users
- First of all, close the software QuickBooks Desktop.
- Tap on the option Windows Start, then right-click on the Computer.
- Now choose window Manage.
For the Users of Windows 10
- Choose the Services button and then from the left panel hit the option of Applications.
- Look for the option Service in the right pane.
- Go to the Intuit QuickBooks FSC and then click.
- The above step will take you to the drop-down option, look for the button Startup, and then click on it.
- Then from the startup window, choose the Manual option.
- Hit on the Apply button.
- Go to the Start button and then hit on OK.
- Now try to open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download and install QuickBooks Desktop updates.
- Click on the Update latest payroll tax tables to finish the process.
For the Windows XP Users
- First of all, close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Desktop and then click on the button My Computer.
- Choose the Manage choice. The step will open the computer management screen.
- Open the tab Services and Applications and then choose the option Services.
- The service window will now open.
- Scroll to go down and then double click on the Intuit QuickBooks FSC.
- The above step will open the QuickBooks FCS window.
- Hit on the General Tab and then from the list choose the button Startup.
- Press on the Manual button to continue.
- Click the OK button.
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop and open it again.
- Look for any recent update, if there is then download it from the website.
- Open the Employees tab and select the option Payroll Updates.
- Choose the option Download the entire payroll update.
- Choose the Update tab.
- While performing the steps, you may get the displayed message: “A new tax table and/or updates to your payroll tax forms have been installed on your computer.”
- Hit the OK option to end the process.
An Additional Solution
If none of the above solutions helped you to get rid of the error then try these steps out.
- Hit on the Help window and then choose the option Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then look for the Options tab and then click on it.
- Hit the Yes button and turn on the Automatic updates.
- Choose the Close button to end the process.
Hopefully, the above article was helpful to you. We have come to the end of the solution. If you are still dealing with the same or different issues then try to consult with the professional support team of the software. You can go to the official website of Intuit QuickBooks and then access the helpline number from there. If the blog was informative then share it with your friends and teammates