Quickbooks error code 15241 is one of the payroll update errors that a user can encounter while updating payroll. This is a critical error and is sometimes hard to resolve. The error usually occurs when the installation of the Quickbooks desktop is not correctly performed. The error message displays the code and states that the payroll update can not be completed. In case you have also encountered the same issue, we are here to help you. Here are all how you can resolve the error on your own. Keep reading the article till the end to know advanced solutions.
Triggers of Quickbooks Error Code 15241
Avoiding the issue becomes easier when you know why you have encountered the issue. Below we have listed all the reasons for the occurrence of the Quickbooks error 15241.
- In case the Quickbooks FCS service is not enabled on the system.
- Quickbooks downloaded file is corrupted.
- The windows registry file may be damaged or corrupted of the incorrect installation of the Quickbooks application.
- Your system may be affected by the virus.
- Important files related to the Quickbooks application are damaged.
- Antivirus application installed on the system is blocking the updation of the Quickbooks application.
Get Rid of Quickbooks Error Code 15241 With These Methods
All the methods mentioned below will help you fix the Quickbooks error 15241 easily. Check out the detailed description of each method below.
Method 1: For Windows Vista, 8, 7, and 10 Users
- For this, you will have to terminate the Quickbooks application on the system.
- You will then have to click on the start icon on the screen and then right-click on the same. From the menu, choose the manage option.
- If you are a Windows 10 user, you will have to hover to the taskbar on the system and then go to the search bar. You will then have to look for the computer option and then right-click on the same. From the menu, choose the Manage tab.
- Next, you will have to open the service tab and click on the Applications option.
- You will then have to choose the option for “On operation” in the Intuit Quickbooks FSC.
- Under this, you will have to choose the startup type option and then click on manual.
- When done, you will have to click on the apply option.
- Now, you will have to click on the start option. After this, click on OK.
- After this, you will have to start Quickbooks desktop again on the system/
- Next, hover to the downloaded option and then look for the Quickbooks product update.
- You will then have to click on the option to update the latest payroll tax table and then check if you are still facing issues while updating payroll or not.
Method 2: For Windows XP
Now, if you are using Windows XP, you will have to follow the following steps to fix the Quickbooks error 15241.
- To start with, you will have to close the Quickbooks application.
- You will then have to look for the “My Computer” icon on the screen. Click on the manage option. Next, the management screen will appear.
- When done, you will have to look for the services and application tab. Under this tab, choose the service option.
- From the list of all the services, click on the Intuit Quickbooks FCS service. The service window will open up.
- You will now have to navigate to the general tab and click on the startup type option. Under this, click on manual.
- When done, you will have to tap on the Ok option and save the changes made.
- After this, you will have to start the Quickbooks application again on the system and then download all the respective updates.
- When done, you need to update your tax table.
- In the end, hover to the employee option and then choose the Get payroll update option.
- You will have to select the option for a complete payroll update.
- While downloading, a message prompt will appear on the screen: “A new tax table and/or updates to your payroll tax forms have been installed on your system.”
- You will now have o click on OK and then wait for the download process to complete.
Method 3: Optional Solution
So, if the above-mentioned methods didn’t help you through the process, here are all the steps that you will have to follow.
- To start with, you will have to hover to the Help option and then click on the option to update Quickbooks desktop.
- You will then have to click on the options tab and then choose the Yes option to enable the option for automatic updates.
- When done, you will have to click on the option to terminate.
Hopefully, all the steps mentioned in the article has helped you resolve the issue. But, if you still encounter issues while resolving the issue, you can call the Quickbooks support team. The experts are always available for the user and will help you get rid of all the Quickbooks critical issues like Quickbooks error 15241, Quickbooks H series errors, or even Quickbooks error 6000. They will guide you through the whole process easier.